Full-Time or Part-Time:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) has a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Agile software delivery team. VeraCore software is used by top names in the fulfillment, ecommerce and graphic communications to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
Software engineers are the creative minds behind our software applications. They allow our users to be better at their business by performing their tasks quickly, efficiently and with ease. In this role, you’ll work closely with the product owner and architect to design and develop and enhance our enterprise application.
As a software engineer you are well established in your field. You will help to deliver key initiatives towards improving VeraCore’s user experience. This role involves hands-on development as well working collaboratively with a small team of engineers to help execute on product initiatives.
As a small software company, our developers are the drivers of the technology that our customers depend on, not just members of “IT” at a big corporation. We encourage open dialog, allowing all developers to take ownership of the technology and development process. Members of the VeraCore team are laser-focused on producing high quality usable software and maintaining a fun and casual work environment. We foster a team environment with lunch-time ping pong battles, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events*.
Responsibilities of this Include:
- Deliver software in an Agile environment using event-based technologies
- Collaborate with product owner & software architect to design how features are built
- Maintain and improve Infrastructure as Code
- Ensure the technical rigor is in place for the solutions being developed
- Facilitate and promote standards, practice, and pattern development
- Supervise the development of infrastructure across multiple environments
- Develop optimization, tuning, troubleshooting and best practices methodology
- Participation in proof-of-concept and technology evaluations, vet possibilities and make recommendations
- At least 8 years of experience developing and delivering large scale distributed applications
- At least 3 years of experience designing and developing Microservices (Microservices design Principles)
- Experience with
- Using in memory data stores like Redis
- Messaging technology like Apache Kafka
- Container orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
- Cloud architecture and the Azure platform
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) designing configuration management and release pipelines leveraging tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Helm, Docker
- Competency in systems analysis, design and architecture fundamentals, Unit Testing and other SDLC activities
- Proven ability to diagnose complex and interesting problems in large scale distributed systems with a variety of technologies
- Understanding of ACID Transactions, Eventual Consistency and Multiprocessing.
- Experience enabling scalable high throughput stream processing with DSE/Spark and Confluent/Kafka
- Proficiency in CQL, SQL and Gremlin scripting language
- Applied knowledge of Datastax/Cassandra Schema, Table and Graph design
- Optimizing indexing for high performance, full featured text search using Lucene/Solr/DSE Search
This position is the perfect match for someone with strong analytical skills and attention to detail who enjoys facing new challenges. Good communication skills are key. This is an excellent opportunity for forward-looking individual seeking to contribute to a new and growing team to build an exciting leading-edge solution that will challenge you as a software engineer and team leader.
This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere.
*Prior to COVID-19. Our workforce is currently remote but hoping to get back to the office as soon as it is safe to do so.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
76 Batterson Park Road
Farmington, CT 06032
Email: [email protected]