VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) has a great opportunity for an experienced developer to join our Agile software delivery team as a Software Engineer. VeraCore software is used by top names in the fulfillment, ecommerce and graphic communications to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the product owner, scrum master, and delivery team to provide technical solutions to the business challenges facing VeraCore users, and the thousands of clients they serve.
As a small software company, our developers are the Rock Stars who make the magic happen for our customers, not just members of “IT” at a big corporation. Working at VeraCore means creating and collaborating with other driven individuals in a fun and casual work environment. In addition to innovating every day, we also foster a team environment with lunch-time video game battles, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyzing the Product Backlog and Refining Business Requirements with the team
- Sprint Planning – Creating a plan for software delivery including testing
- New Development
- Middle Development - C#, Entity Framework, REST
- Database Development – T-SQL
- Testing including unit, integration, and coded UI testing
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Minimum 2 years developing enterprise applications including application and database design, implementation and delivery
- Exceptional knowledge of C#
- Experience w/ Entity Framework
- Knowledge of Web Api
- Proficient at writing ad-hoc SQL Queries and Stored procedures
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development including Clean Code, Dependency Injection, Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Understanding of safe coding practices and application security
- Exercises strong judgment, especially in emergency situations
- Strong Verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to work with and influence all levels of the organization
- Experience with the Microsoft development suite including Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services or Team Foundation Server
- Familiarity with DevOps tools including and Git (source control) and VSTS (continuous integration)
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
This position is the perfect match for someone with strong analytical skills who enjoys working facing new challenges. Good communication skills are key. This is an excellent opportunity for forward-looking individual seeking to stay on the leading edge of technology.
This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere. This is NOT a telecommuting position; you will be working at our office in Rocky Hill, Connecticut.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
1086 Elm Street - Suite 200
Rocky Hill, CT 06067