Full-Time or Part-Time:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) has a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Agile software delivery team. VeraCore software is used by top names in the fulfillment, ecommerce and graphic communications to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
Software engineers are the creative minds behind our software applications. They allow our users to be better at their business by performing their tasks quickly, efficiently and with ease. In this role, you’ll work closely with the product owner and architect to design and develop and enhance our enterprise application.
As a software engineer you are well established in your field. You will help to deliver key initiatives towards improving VeraCore’s user experience. This role involves hands-on development as well working collaboratively with a small team of engineers to help execute on product initiatives.
As a small software company, our developers are the Rock Stars who make the magic happen for our customers, not just members of “IT” at a big corporation. Working at VeraCore means creating and collaborating with other driven individuals in a fun and casual work environment. In addition to innovating every day, we also foster a team environment with lunch-time video game battles, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events.
Responsibilities of this Include:
- Innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value through simple design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI to systems architecture
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, & understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
- Design and develop from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications
- Working with software architect on application design and system optimizations
- Ensuring you and your team create effective documentation
- Develop, maintain, and report various metrics
Qualified candidates should possess:
- 3+ years experience developing software applications
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or engineering and/or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with the Azure Cloud Platforms
- Mastery of C# programming language
- Experience in TDD, Unit Testing and test automation
- Experience working collaboratively with a team in an Agile environment (Scrum or Extreme Programming (XP))
- Hands-on use of Git, Visual Studio, VSTS / Azure DevOps
- Excellent knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases, corresponding ORMs and supporting libraries
- Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment experience
This position is the perfect match for someone with strong analytical skills and attention to detail who enjoys facing new challenges. Good communication skills are key. This is an excellent opportunity for forward-looking individual seeking to contribute to a new and growing team to build an exciting leading-edge solution that will challenge you as a software engineer and team leader.
This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere. This is NOT a telecommuting position; you will be working at our office in Farmington, Connecticut.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
76 Batterson Park Road
Farmington, CT 06032
Email: [email protected]